COVID Testing for Students in School
We wanted to keep you informed about the COVID Testing in the building. Thank you to all parents who have completed the COVID consent form for your child. Please take note of the following updates:
- As a reminder, testing is scheduled on a weekly basis; testing may be scheduled on different days of the week every week.
- 10% of the students with unknown vaccination status are randomly selected for testing. Parents can complete the paper consent form at http://schools.nyc.gov/covidtesting or online via NYCSA at http://schoolsaccount.nyc.
- Students that are vaccinated should submit their vaccination status into the portal at https://vaccine.schools.nyc which will ensure an accurate threshold and likely result in a reduced threshold.
Thanks and have a great weekend!
click COVID Testing for Students in School.pdf to download
How Many COVID-19 Cases Does PS161Q have?
as of 11/9/21
If your child tests positive for COVID-19, please email Mrs. Bennett, PS161Q Safety Coordinator at email@example.com.
Be sure to include in your email your child's name, class, teacher's name and a copy of your child's test results.
NYCDOE School Visitor Policy to PS161Q
All visitors (age 12 and older) must show proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination to enter a DOE building. Visitors do not include students attending school in a DOE building.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is one of the following:
- A CDC Vaccination Card(Open external link); a photo or photocopy is also acceptable.
- A NYC Vaccination Record(Open external link) or other official immunization record from within or outside the US, including from a health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
- NYC COVID Safe App on Android(Open external link) or iOS(Open external link).
- Excelsior Pass or Excelsior Pass Plus(Open external link).
- DOE COVID-19 Vaccine Portal(Open external link).
NYCDOE 2021-2022 School Calendar
Below are links to download the NYCDOE school calendar for this school year. The calendars are in different language.
Sign Up for NYCDOE Twitter
Jill Hoder, Principal
Patricia Hanley, Assistant Principal
Address: 101-33 124th Street , Richmond Hill, New York 11419
Telephone: 718-441-5493. Fax: 718-441-6202. email:28Q161@schools.nyc.gov
Kathy Knowles, Parent Coordinator
If you need information where COVID-19 testing is being conducted,
click this link NYC Covid-19 Portal