Chancellor's letter to families
click end-of-year-2022-letter-to-families.pdf to access full letter
Early Childhood Mask Policy
click early-childhood-mask-policy-update-june-10-2022.pdf to access links for translations
Free Book Giveaway
click free books.pdf to access link
P-EBT Food Benefits
click P-EBT.pdf to access link and download
New Mask Policy
click Dear PS 161Q families new mask.pdf to download
P.S. 161Q's COVID Report Card
If your child tests positive for COVID-19, please email Mrs. Katz, PS161Q Safety Coordinator at email@example.com.
Be sure to include in your email your child's name, class, teacher's name and a copy of your child's test results.
NYCDOE School Visitor Policy to PS161Q
All visitors (age 12 and older) must show proof of at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccination to enter a DOE building. Visitors do not include students attending school in a DOE building.
Acceptable proof of vaccination is one of the following:
- A CDC Vaccination Card(Open external link); a photo or photocopy is also acceptable.
- A NYC Vaccination Record(Open external link) or other official immunization record from within or outside the US, including from a health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable.
- NYC COVID Safe App on Android(Open external link) or iOS(Open external link).
- Excelsior Pass or Excelsior Pass Plus(Open external link).
- DOE COVID-19 Vaccine Portal(Open external link).
NYCDOE 2021-2022 School Calendar
Below are links to download the NYCDOE school calendar for this school year. The calendars are in different language.
Sign Up for NYCDOE Twitter
Jill Hoder, Principal
Patricia Hanley, Assistant Principal
Melissa Katz, Assistant Principal
Address: 101-33 124th Street , Richmond Hill, New York 11419
Telephone: 718-441-5493. Fax: 718-441-6202. email:28Q161@schools.nyc.gov
Kathy Knowles, Parent Coordinator
If you need information where COVID-19 testing is being conducted,
click this link NYC Covid-19 Portal