Be Amazing! Collect Change and Save Lives!
LLS is the world’s largest non-profit health organization dedicated to finding cures for blood cancers. Our Student Series’ Pennies for Patients program helps raise money to fund research for therapies that save the lives of blood cancer patients. By participating in Pennies for Patients, teachers will have new opportunities to incorporate service learning and character building into their curriculum. Students will also learn about service, leadership and philanthropy.
Students can make a difference in helping save the lives of blood cancer patients!
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Student Series campaign is working with thousands of schools across the country to raise funds for blood cancer research. They are saving lives of blood cancer patients not Someday but Today.
Students who participate in the LLS Student Series demonstrate how important their contribution and efforts are in the advancement blood cancer cures. Across the US and Canada, millions of students like yourself raise funds in honor of local patients. Friends, family and neighbors can all contribute to the classroom and school totals! By participating in your school's Student Series program, you and your classmates will be making a huge difference in the lives of patients with blood cancers. You will be joining millions of students across the country who will raise funds to find cures and therapies for diseases like leukemia and lymphoma.
Information and Tips
Your child will soon learn firsthand just how powerful he/she can be in helping others. Through participation in the Student Series' Pennies for Patients Program, students learn leadership, the importance of helping others and just how impactful their involvement can be in helping to save lives. During the programs, students collect donations from friends and family in honor of local student survivors and current patients. In addition, many schools implement learning activities, kickoff assemblies or classroom competitions. Depending on your school's preference, there are also prizes and awards for classrooms and schools. We need your support too. Please explore the website to learn more about the LLS Student Series, Pennies for Patients and what you can do to support your child's efforts.
10 Ways to Support Your Child during their Pennies for Patients Program
- Talk to your child about the value of giving back.
- Share your child's classroom, school or individual fundraising page with friends and family. See Online Giving for ideas.
- Each day, ask your child about the program.
- Take a coin collection jar to work
- Ask if your child would like to write a letter to their Honored Hero.
- Make a personal donation with a check or online gift.
- Ask your company about matching gifts.
- Ask your child if they have any questions about cancer.
- Encourage your child to explore the For Students section of this Web site.
- Tell them you're proud of them for making a difference!